K-12 InVenture Prize State Finals Details
What to Bring:
Please remember to turn in a Signed Parental Release Form for each participating student before March 11th, 2021. Also, please tell your students to dress in their team attire (professional, matching t-shirts, etc.).
Every student must have a signed GT Parental Release Form to participate. Please turn these in at the appropriate deadline.
Also, please don't forget to bring:
- Backboard or Poster display explaining the product and design process. Tri-fold boards are encouraged but display cannot exceed the following dimensions:
- Width of 36 inches- 2 teams will share a 6-foot table
- Depth of 30 inches)
- Professional clothing and comfortable shoes
- Physical prototypes (may not be possible for all projects)
- Engineering Design Paper
- Engineering Design Notebook or Log
- Matching Team T-shirts
- Snacks and water bottles
***Please do not bring any sharp objects (such as scalpels, knives, or box cutters) or any weapons of any kind. These items will need to be removed before entering the Georgia Tech Student Center.
How do I apply to be a judge for State Finals?
Judge registration will be open soon! Thank you for your support of the K-12 InVenture Prize Competition.
2021 State Finals Schedule:
Judging Event: March 11, 2021
Location: Virtual / Remote (RocketJudge app)
Time: 11am - 1pm Eastern Standard Time
Awards Ceremony: March 17, 2021
Location: Virtual / Remote
Time: 11am - 12pm Eastern Standard Time
In Person Event Location: Georgia Tech Exhibition Hall
11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Team check-in, set-up, and registration
1:00 - 2:00 pm: Closed Door Judging*
2:00 - 2:45 pm: Public Viewing*
2:45 - 3:30 pm: All-InVenture Group Photo
3:30 - 3:45 pm: Keynote Speaker
3:45 - 4:15 pm: Awards Ceremony
4:15 - 6:30 pm: Dinner (meal voucher provided)*
6:30: Doors Open for K-12 InVenture students to the Georgia Tech InVenture Prize Competition
7:30 - 9:30: Georgia Tech InVenture Prize Competition
*There will be optional STEM activities for students during these times
Exhibit Hall Rules
- Please throw away all trash after eating. Do not leave any trash laying around as all teams are using the Georgia Tech Exhibition Hall.
- Meal vouchers will given out for dinner and they only work at Georgia Tech.
- Students must stay by their project during the entire judging session as judging interviews are not scheduled, and students do not want to miss a judge!
- Students are expected to behave appropriately at all times and keep noise to a minimum so judges may hear other students speak. Remember, your judges may be watching you at any time and you want to make a good impression.
Awards at the 2021 K-12 InVenture State Competition:
- Top High School Project
- Top Middle School Project
- Top Elementary School Project
- Best Overall K-2 Project
- Top Teachers Award
- People’s Choice Award
- Best Manufacturing Award
- Best Use of IronCAD Software Award
- Health and Medical Technology Award
- Sustainability and Energy Award
- Consumer Goods Award
Top winners from each division will be eligible to compete in the National Invention Convention. We’ll also have great giveaways for our top projects. Don’t miss it! View past winners here.